- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked and drained black beans
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- tortillas, as needed
This is a recipe I adapted from one I got online somewhere at some point. You can use other types of beans as well.
(1) Saute the onion until translucent in a non-stick pan. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne, and saute another minute.
(2) Stir in beans and mash well. Add a couple TB of water if the consistency is too dry for your liking, until it gets where you want it.
(3) Put a layer of the bean mixture, and then a layer of the sweet potatoes on a tortilla. Top with another tortilla.
(4) Bake at 350 F for about 10 minutes until warm.