We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these Terms of Service at any time. We will provide notice of such changes only by posting the updated Terms of Service on our Web site and changing the “last updated” date listed above. These Terms of Service apply exclusively to your access to, interaction with, and use of, this Web site and does not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you might have with for products, services, or otherwise. We encourage you to review our Terms of Service each time you visit our site to see if they have been updated since your last visit.
- Orthodox Kitchen will never ask you for your name or any other identifying piece of information. If you wish to provide such information, you may do so by editing your profile.
- We will never give away your e-mail address for commercial purposes or otherwise.
- We will never send you e-mail that you do not want. If you want to receive e-mail notifications of new features or site news, you may opt in by editing your profile.
(A) In order to access or use some features of the Web site, you will have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of thirteen, then you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to orthodoxkitchen.com.(B) In order to become a registered user, you must provide a valid e-mail address. During registration, you will choose a password (a “Membership”), which may permit you access to certain areas of the Web site not available to non-registered users. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to notify us immediately at our customer support address email@example.com of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
All Web site materials, including, without limitation, the Orthodox Kitchen logo, design, text, graphics, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Content”) are the proprietary property of Orthodox Kitchen or its affiliates or licensors. You may electronically copy and print to hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of using materials it contains for informational and non-commercial, personal use only, provided you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. Any other use of Content, including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than described above, modification, distribution, republication, display, or performance, without the prior written permission of Orthodox Kitchen, is strictly prohibited.
“orthodoxkitchen.com,” “Orthodox Kitchen,” and other trademarks on this Web site are trademarks of Orthodox Kitchen or its affiliates or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Orthodox Kitchen. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of Orthodox Kitchen, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Orthodox Kitchen. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Web site are the property of their respective owners.
You are granted a limited, nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the homepage or recipe home page of this Web site only, provided such link does not portray Orthodox Kitchen or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise defamatory manner. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Orthodox Kitchen trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, including the images found at this Web site, the content of any text, or the layout/design of any page or form contained on any page of the Web site, without Orthodox Kitchen’s express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of Orthodox Kitchen or any third party.
By submitting, disclosing, or offering any recipe to Orthodox Kitchen, you hereby agree to license your recipe under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license and make Orthodox Kitchen the Licensor under the terms of said license, without compensation of any kind to you or any third party.
You hereby represent and warrant (a) you have all necessary right, power, and authority to grant the ownership set forth herein to your Recipe, and (b) your Recipe does not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property right of any third party.
This Web site might include discussion forums or other interactive areas, including, but not limited to, bulletin boards, and recipe storage and exchange areas. All such forums and interactive areas shall be used only for non-commercial purposes. You are solely liable for any material you upload or transmit to the discussion forums or interactive areas of this Web site. You agree not to use the Web site to do any of the following:
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any message, information, text or other material (“Material”) that may be considered to be unlawful, harmful, libelous, tortious, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Upload or transmit any Material that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ;
- Upload, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Material that might infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Without Orthodox Kitchen’s written permission, distribute, publish, or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized promotions, advertising or solicitations for funds, goods or services, including junk mail, spam, and chain letters;
- Harm minors in any way; or
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON IT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND YOU AGREE USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND/OR ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ORTHODOX KITCHEN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ORTHODOX KITCHEN DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT MATERIALS ON THIS WEB SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. ORTHODOX KITCHEN DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THIS WEB SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Orthodox Kitchen reserves the right to change any and all Content contained on this Web site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Orthodox Kitchen.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL ORTHODOX KITCHEN OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEB SITE OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF ORTHODOX KITCHEN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above might not apply to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Orthodox Kitchen, its affiliates, and all of their officers, directors, agents, suppliers, and licensors from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the Web site or any Materials or Recipes you provide, including, but not limited to, any claim by a third party that any Materials or Recipes infringe or violate such third party’s rights or interests.
Removal and Disclosure
We reserve the right to, at our sole discretion, remove, take down, destroy or delete any Material and Submissions at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to Material and Submissions, that we deem inappropriate or which we believe might subject us to any liability. We may access, use and disclose transaction information about your use of our Web site, and any Material and Submissions transmitted by you via or in connection with our Web site, to the extent permitted by law, in order to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena); to initiate, render, bill and collect for our products and services; to protect our rights or property, or to protect users of our Web site from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of our Web site. INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THIS NOTICE OR ANY RELATED POLICY, GUIDELINE OR AGREEMENT, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON YOUR BEHALF, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Massachusetts, without regard to its choice of law principles to the contrary. You agree any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions shall be filed only in the state and federal courts residing in Hampden County, Massachusetts, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action, or proceeding arising out of these Terms of Service.
Orthodox Kitchen reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion at any time, to terminate your license to use this Web site, to block or prevent future access to and use of this Web site, and to remove and discard any Material and Submissions.
If any provision of these Terms of Service shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Service Provider’s Designated Agent.
Notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Service Provider: Orthodox Kitchen
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Monica Williams
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent: 87 Fillmore Street, Chicopee, MA 01020
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: 1 (413) 532-0777
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice of a claim of copyright infringement to our users by means of a general notice on the Web site, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s address in our records. Orthodox Kitchen may, within its sole discretion, terminate authorization of users to its Web site who are repeat infringers.